Thursday, March 15, 2007

So It Would Seem.

This morning, while on the way to work, I had this interesting thought. That is: Life is what passes you by as you wait for your situation to improve and death is what happens before it does. Life is measured in pay periods and shortened by tax seasons. Those who know and accept this are what we call "adults." Those who refuse to believe it and can't handle it are put on medication. I'm riding the fence at this point and it's a pain in the ass as you might expect.

And as I was careening through traffic in my little red slice of mid-life crisis, I noticed one of those late model pastel-blue convertible VW bugs. And I was wrenched from my meloncholic stupor by the promise of seeing something beautiful. The movie, The Girl Next Door, forever altered my perception of the little cars. After that, I would see a late model bug and I'd pull along side, expecting warm vivacious flesh with bouncing golden and yellow tresses, big sparkling innocent eyes with a dash of sultriness. In short, I came to expect Elisha Cuthbert behind the wheel of every bug that I passed. And, indeed, I was never disappointed. Blondes, brunettes, redheads, all breathtaking despite the initial and brief disappointment of not seeing Elisha at the wheel. But breathtaking nonetheless and a pleasure to behold. Anymore, the only people driving bugs are old women and gay men. And you cannot imagine how depressing this is for me. And I grieve because I know that I'll die before this changes. Entropy dictates that everything will just get shittier and shittier and if you don't believe it, take a good look in the mirror, or at your account balance, or just go pass a VW bug on the highway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home